Clinical Psych w/ masters???

mckparis

Question

A little bit of background info: I'm a masters student in an MFT program, with a GPA of 3.7. I've also been working in a psychiatric hospital for the past year, as well recently working at an outpatient. I'm looking to apply to MA/PhD programs in Clinical psychology w/ a supervisor that focuses on Schizophrenia.

Recently, I've began the application process (yet again) and my nerves hit the minute I pressed submit(yes, I've already turned two in). I match with the schools I'm applying to pretty well, but I'm nervous that my horrid GRE scores and subpar undergrad GPA could get in the way of being seen as a competitive candidate.

I have the graduate school grades, the experience, award in research but I'm afraid the two factors above could hold me back.

So here's my question: Do MA-PhD programs consider a masters student differently in the application process? I'm hoping my experience in Graduate school could give me a boost past the crappy undergrad GPA and GRE.

mack.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet