Embark Application System for LORs

One of my recommenders thought that he had successfully submitted his letter via Embark last month. However, I never received a confirmation email from the Embark system, and my online application tells me that he has not yet submitted the letter. My recommender has been understanding and has let me know that he'll try re-submitting before the deadline, which is next Friday.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had recommenders who have had trouble with Embark as well. What did you do to resolve the situation? I've contacted Embark via their online helpdesk (convenient that they don't have a phone number or anything) on Monday, but I haven't heard back. I'm new to the whole internet application process, so I'd really appreciate your input!

Contact the grad admissions directly and ask if you can have your LOR just submit it them.

This. Get permission and have your writer email the letter directly to the department.

Personally I had 3 Embark applications and none of my recommenders had any issues with the software. The only problem was that it behaved funky on Firefox, but it was fine on IE. Could that be it?

This. Get permission and have your writer email the letter directly to the department.

Personally I had 3 Embark applications and none of my recommenders had any issues with the software. The only problem was that it behaved funky on Firefox, but it was fine on IE. Could that be it?

I do know that this particular recommender is a Mac aficionado, so this could be it. I'll be sure to let him know when I send my reminder out at the end of the week!

One of my LORs had problems with one of the programs (can't remember which one) and it was becuase the letter was in .doc format instead of .pdf and it woudln't let him upload it.