To OSU history applicants

ScreamingHairyArmadillo

Just letting you know I have a friend who met a history professor at the recent AHA meeting, and they said they will be reviewing applications in 2 weeks.

I assume everyone likes to know every bit of information possible (esp. if you're waiting on any rogue LORs. :P

That is really nice of you! I wish we had that type of info for all of the schools/programs.

That is really nice of you! I wish we had that type of info for all of the schools/programs.

There is some info on a few schools on the 2009 threads, or at least, the religion one. You could try going through the 08/09 history ones. I'm assuming this year the timetable will be the same or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been hearing things of late. The Fellowship applicants have been sent out and each field has made a list of their remaining prospects. The final decisions should be made next week or so. However, the Fellowship deadline is Feb 20 so it might be longer for those not in that category.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there....

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but from an inside source I have heard that OSU has SIGNIFICANTLY cut back on their graduate program this year. I have already received notification of my rejection from an e-mail (my potential advisor who was previously accepting applicants, can no longer accept due to budgetary restrictions). They are only accepting a few students (I don't know how many) but yeah...just lettin you know.

Who were you trying to work with?

Dr. Cressy and Dr. Parker...here's what it said in my notification (via a professor I know).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just heard back form David

Cressy yesterday. He said that, because of severe budget cuts by the

state gov't at Columbus to all Ohio state universities, the history

dept. at OSU is accepting almost no new grad students into its program

for the fall 2010 term. He added that this enrollment freeze was

partly due to the impending retiremrent of several senior faculty

members in history, inlcuding himself and Geoffrey Parker in early

modern Europe, which would make it difficult for students working with

these professors to complete their degrees. Sooooo, I fear the Ph.D.

progam at OSU will not be your destination next fall.