Best length for SOP?

Hi all,

Half the schools I'm applying to have stated specific lengths/limits for SOPs ranging from 2 to 4.5 pages. 

The other half, however don't have guidelines on how long the SOP should be. 

Is it safe to assume that 3ish pages should be okay? I have emailed a few schools and asked but it also seems like a bit of a dumb question so I'd like to not have to ask if I can help it.

Feedback is appreciated :)

Stick with 2 pages for all your applications. You don't need more than that and people on committees don't want to read long-winded SOPs from 100s of applicants. A key signal you should be showing is that you are able to say a lot but very concisely. 

You could also have two templates. One for 2 pages and one for slightly longer. But at the end of the day the shorter the better generally.

3 hours ago, PoliticalOrder said:

committees don't want to read long-winded SOPs from 100s of applicants. A key signal you should be showing is that you are able to say a lot but very concisely. 

That makes sense, I've helped proofread a few SOPs and found my concentration level dwindle rapidly after page two... Thanks!!