Critical Language Scholarship - 2017 Cycle

mrs12

Everytime my phone buzzes my stomach does back flips! Will we definitely hear back at the end of their work day (3-5PM EST)? Or have they ever sent it out earlier than that?

Last year I received the email at 6:04 EST about the semi-finals. I remember the finals ended up being tiered by language, so for instance all of Arabic was sent emails a few minutes before all of Turkish, etc. But I'm pretty sure the semi-finals emails were done at the same time for everyone. I'd expect it to be around 4-6 EST honestly, and not earlier. 

I made an account to be involved in this forum and for future programs I apply to. I applied to beginning Turkish, fingers crossed!! I'm really hoping we will hear back today.

So I checked my secondary email. I am a semi finalist! Weird that they would send it there tho. Its been there since 4:30pm. A few other people had the same problem so I would check there also.

Edited by hobakie

@camelcamel did you make sure to check the spam folders for each email as well? I also found mine there like someone else on this forum had.

Also, does anyone know the general acceptance rate for Korean CLS applicants? As in around how many semi-finalists were chosen and how many finalists are selected (is it typically 40 people per cohort)? Someone else said 200 semi-finalists for Russian and 40 finalists.

9 minutes ago, bw499 said:

@camelcamel did you make sure to check the spam folders for each email as well? I also found mine there like someone else on this forum had.

Also, does anyone know the general acceptance rate for Korean CLS applicants? As in around how many semi-finalists were chosen and how many finalists are selected (is it typically 40 people per cohort)? Someone else said 200 semi-finalists for Russian and 40 finalists.

I'm not to sure about Korean but I found the Chinese statistics through a Google search. You may have to dig tho.