Post-deadline additions

mastermind1886

I found out last week I was accepted to present on a panel at a national conference in March. I'm excited but mainly terrified. But - all my application deadlines, except for one, have already passed.

Should I notify my programs of this new addition to my CV? If so, how? I don't know if it's a big enough deal to actually contact them, or if it'd make a difference.

I'm not sure about your specific case, but I was told by a prof at UC Berkeley today (Integrative Bio Dept.) that I could still send in new GRE scores, and they are sending out interview invitations on Jan 22.

Since getting a new job closely related to the field I'm proposing to study, I have emailed a newly updated C.V. to the potential advisors I have been in contact with. All but two emailed me back to thank me for the update and congratulate me on the new job! It was quite touching, and if nothing else it was a good way (I hope) to just keep me fresh in their memories...

It can't hurt!

I found out last week I was accepted to present on a panel at a national conference in March. I'm excited but mainly terrified. But - all my application deadlines, except for one, have already passed.

Should I notify my programs of this new addition to my CV? If so, how? I don't know if it's a big enough deal to actually contact them, or if it'd make a difference.

Is it the ACA/PCA?

I also got a paper accepted to a conference, so I sent out an updated CV and a note about my higher GPA from the fall term to all of my schools. 4 of the 6 responded that they would add it to my file, and I also got the bonus of hearing I'd made it past the first round of cuts at one of my schools.