WWS Personal Statement Length & 1 More Question for WWS/GSPP/HKS Applicants

Nozistin

Hi Everyone,

I'm preparing my SOPs/ Personal Statements for this cycle and am wondering if anyone knew how long the WWS personal statement should be? Before You run off and say check the webpage, the webpage says two to four pages but I'm not sure if his is single or double spaced. Double space would make much more sense but I wanted to verify if anyone knew for sure.

Also for those applying to both WWS and GSPP, are you using the same personal statement/SOP for both schools with the minor changes in why the school is a good fit? The prompts are not too different it seems, particullarly because the WWS prompt is so broad.

For those applying to these programs and HKS, how are you going about tailoring your personal statement/SOP for it? The prompts for the two MPP essays are very different in a sense from the other two schools and am wondering if I should tailor my central PS/SOP or simply write two fresh essays.

All tips welcome. Thanks!

@Nozistin, you may have seen this already in the application itself, but WWS indicates that the SoP "should not exceed four double-spaced pages (11 font or larger)." 

Also, to answer your other questions  - I am combining certain aspects of my HKS essays to write my SOP for Goldman. They're asking for the same information, what are you interested in, why you're interested in that, what have you you done to get there, how the school will help you get there, and what you want to do after. Obviously, I'm editing heavily in order to make sure things connect well and flow. Also, I am using a large part of the  SOP for Goldman to address the WWS SOP, just tailoring it to the specific school.