Good candidate for Online Statistics Masters

mathgirl402

Question

I graduated a couple of years ago and have been working as a data analyst at a fortune 500 company.  I want to go back and get my master's in Statistics while still working.  I figured online was the best avenue to do that.  My goal is to become a data statistician, forecaster, or data scientist for a company.

While in undergrad, I did various forms of academic research from theoretical ecology, to biochemistry, to mathematical biology.  My work in mathematical biology has resulted in three published papers.  

Undergrad: University of Nebraska Omaha

Major: Mathematics and Biology

Minor: Chemistry

GPA: 3.84 Cumulative, 4.0 in Mathematics

Student: White female

GRE: 155 Verbal / 161 Quant / 3.5 Writing

Schools I am considering applying to: Iowa State, Texas A&M, Colorado State, University of South Carolina

Related CourseworkCalculus I-III, Differential Equations, Applied Linear Algebra, Probability Statistics I-II, Introduction to Abstract Math, Introduction to Analysis, Applied Combinatorics, Differential Geometry, Chaos Theory, Chaos Theory in Boolean Networks

What are my chances of getting into an online stats masters program?  Do you suggest any other programs?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet