Multiple Research Interests in SoP

So within my field I am interested in many different topics. Now I have something like:

I do not wish to limit myself to one theme only. [Short sentence about another interest I have, apart from the one I want to explore in ]. I would like to keep advancing my knowledge of the subject, and build upon [a bit on the concrete conceptualization].

Will this make me seem unfocused?

Pretty much everyone is interested in more than one topic. You just choose one to focus on in your SOP and everyone reading it knows that it may change. Or, if you want to be broader, you can write about a methodological or theoretical approach you want to take without specifying in detail what you'll use it to study. Alternately, you can talk about some big problem ("wicked problems" are a thing in one of my fields) and the multiple ways in which you might approach it without committing to a single approach. But I wouldn't write what you have above since everyone knows you can't and won't limit yourself to one theme (after all, comprehensive exams are about 3-4 broad areas in most disciplines).