Anybody heard back from PhD programs yet?

palindrome

I just heard back from a program with a Dec. 15 submission deadline today. It's a bittersweet revelatioin -- good that someone wants me, but it makes me worry that I didn't get into the other programs!

Has anyone else heard back yet?

EDIT: I just saw that this place has a "Results" page...awesome! That kind of calms my nerves.

Edited by palindrome

I've heard from three (interview invites), and I'm trying not to freak out about another two because I don't think anyone's heard from them yet (based on the results page, and results from last year). Departments have different timelines, so I doubt it means anything at this very early stage.

I've heard from three (interview invites), and I'm trying not to freak out about another two because I don't think anyone's heard from them yet (based on the results page, and results from last year). Departments have different timelines, so I doubt it means anything at this very early stage.

Hey, I also heard back from Cornell (yesterday). I hope you have further good luck in the admissions process!

Edited by palindrome

<br />I dont understand at all how that is bittersweet?! You got into a PHD program! You are set, you can be rejected from all other programs and still have a school to go to. I am very confused by your statement.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Maybe that's not what I mean--I am honored to be invited to a program, and I am quite impressed by the faculty there.

I was just concerned that this acceptance meant I wasn't in at other schools with similar timelines. I think having some options is good when you're making a decision that will define your life for the next 5 years!

<br />Well I guess since I don't have perfect GRE and GPA that I feel if I get accepted to any PhD program I will be beyond excited!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Same here. I am definitely very glad to get in, and can't wait to meet the faculty. Good luck to you with your apps!

I'm Clinical & I applied to 7 programs:

University of South Florida, University of Florida, University of Miami, University of Louisville, The Ohio State University, University of Iowa, & UCLA.

I'm getting pretty antsy as it's getting down to that time - but based on the Results Search page, the only results anyone's gotten from Clinical Programs have been rejections. So I guess no word right now is good, right?

University of South Florida, University of Florida, University of Miami, University of Louisville, The Ohio State University, University of Iowa, & UCLA.

I'm getting pretty antsy as it's getting down to that time - but based on the Results Search page, the only results anyone's gotten from Clinical Programs have been rejections. So I guess no word right now is good, right?

good info on this site for Clinical : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Sorry, but I am new here...where is the "results page"

Thanks!

Look at the very top of the page in the navy blue header - "RESULTS SEARCH".

Type in your field - it'll show what news people have received thus far. :)

I know that interview invitations have been sent out from OSU and students are visiting in the first week of February. I know only about the Cognitive Area though.

Hi All-

I am new to this. Is it typical to have heard back at this point? I applied to 4 clinical programs, 5 developmental, 1 experimental .. all PhD.....I have checked some other threads and it doesn't seem like my schools have sent out interview requests yet, ...

Uconn, Yale, U of Rochester, U of Washington, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCSD, BU, Tufts, Stony Brook...

any results (good or bad) would help

Hi All-

I am new to this. Is it typical to have heard back at this point? I applied to 4 clinical programs, 5 developmental, 1 experimental .. all PhD.....I have checked some other threads and it doesn't seem like my schools have sent out interview requests yet, ...

Uconn, Yale, U of Rochester, U of Washington, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCSD, BU, Tufts, Stony Brook...

any results (good or bad) would help

did you check SDN: good info on this site for Clinical : http://forums.studen...isplay.php?f=57

I think Stony Brook is on there.

Thank you for the replied.. does everyone typically reply on here or just update it in results? I saw Stony Brook on the link you posted.. but I applied to the PhD in Biopsychology and not Clinical for that Program.....

Any idea if you get an interview what is your chance at that point of getting accepted to the program?