Anyone heard back from PhD programs?

George

Mind sharing your stats? I applied to this program and didn't hear anything today. Seems like all the posts on the results page were from international students. Any Americans get notification today?

Oh yeah... and is it possible to tell anything from the online login for JHU?

I suggest everyone check out www.mathematicsgre.com and share their stats!

hey,

I'm an American and I received the same email as the others. 80% tuition and waitlisted for TA. They have 4 GAANN fellowships this year so I've also been asked to turn in my FAFSA to see if I qualify. I posted this on the results page too.

I checked the online login for JHU and there wasn't anything new.

They have visit days on March 25 and April 1.

Thanks for your reply... any chance you'd care to share your stats (GPA, GRE, subject GRE, etc)?

dude, how&when did UDel contact you? (if you dont mind sharing) I applied there too, but I have not received any word back from them :(

I received an email on 01 March.

Nice...congrats.

Ps.If you do choose not to go there, can you (literally lol) tell UD to consider my taking your place? idk if I am on the waiting-list or anything...but I NEED to get in somewhere.

Haha pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

Man, looks like a pretty rough day for the UCSD hopefuls. I see some people actually got acceptances a few weeks ago... must have been the first round. I didn't hear anything today, sort of wish I had. It stinks having over half your applications still outstanding!

Boy, when I got my first response (2/24), I didn't think I'd be waiting this long for the rest!

Rejected: Brown Applied Math

Accepted: UConn Math (TAship)

Still Waiting On: Harvard AM, Yale AM, NYU M, Columbia AM, UMass M

Edited by hgfalling

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody hear anything about waitlist at UMD AMSC program or UCSD? I tried emailing, but so far have been in radio silence. May try calling, but don't want to be a pest!

I have a few equally good offers, so getting into UMD would make it 100x more easy to make a decision.

Has anyone heard anything official out of UCSB math at all? The results search shows nothing besides one rejection a while ago and an unofficial acceptance email from a professor. It just seems weird. I'm wondering what is up with this school.

Edited by kroner

I live in SB and visited the department back in December. Everybody made it very clear that this year was anomalous due to budget issues. After meeting with a few professors I met with the head of admissions in the department (Prof McCammond). He sat with me for a good twenty minutes and explained their philosophy.

First, they only accept those who they can completely fund for PhDs (no MS admission). On average, he said they admitted between 10 and 12 students per year with that increasing to 12-14 in the past one or two years. This year that number would drop to six, maybe a few more... but definitely less than 10. At any one time, there would be no more than that number of offers on the table. He stated flat out that those would go to the top candidates first. He fully expected that many of those accepted would decline, but not until towards the end. He warned that this admission season would go right down to 15 April.

So if you can stand the wait and really want to go, hold out until the end knowing that any offer from them will most likely be solid financially. I'm not sure I can wait, but if I don't get into my top choice I'm going to be torn on my west coast decision. UCI is ranked a little higher, but the Santa Cruz area is much more similar to SB. UCSD would trump both of those, as it's much more highly ranked... and UCSB is as good a fit as UCI and UCSC but I wouldn't have to move!

Has anyone heard anything official out of UCSB math at all? The results search shows nothing besides one rejection a while ago and an unofficial acceptance email from a professor. It just seems weird. I'm wondering what is up with this school.

I emailed the department about a week ago and, in response, they notified me that they will be making their final offers to some of the 30 or so applications they still have in consideration when the admissions committee meets next on March 29.

Hey,

I had mailed a Professor from U.Washington. He had told me that I am top of the waiting list and he is waiting to hear from others to whom he had made offers. I have been rejected from most of the other places I had applied to and am without an admit so far. So , if you are not considering U.Wash and have been admitted there, please consider withdrawing your application.

Thanks.

Got an admit from U.wash :) first admit , so thats a relief :D .. in the waitlist for UCLA... When i had called them up they d said that they are waiting for others who have been made offers to respond...So if people ve made their decisions regarding UCLA it would be really helpful if they could respond to them soon so that maybe those of us who are in the waitlist could respond to other offers early...

Thanks.