Transferring Graduate Programs due to Health Reason

I'm in my first semester of graduate school at LSU in Baton Rouge. It's a great school and I love it, but a health issue that was under control before I started the program (epilepsy) has made it impossible to be away from my family back in Kansas since I have no family here and don't know anyone besides people in my program. I had applied to a school in Kansas last year and got in, and I've heard of people transferring schools before, usually up to 9 or so graduate credit hours. I know people who go there who will put in a good word for me to their chair, and they acted like I would have a good chance of being able to go there, and my professors and chair will have positive things to say about me as well, since I should be receiving all A's this semester. I will be meeting with our chair, along with one of my close professors/advisors as back up this week to discuss transferring. My question is does anyone have a personal story of transferring? or know of someone who transferred? I am assuming I will need to wait until at least the summer to start, but since I need to get my epilepsy under control the waiting issue is not a big deal to me. My main concern is student loans and how those might be affected as well. Seriously any information would be so helpful!

• 2 months later...