Deadline at midnight- what does this mean??

Clinpsyc01

Does anyone know what it usually means if a scholarship application says the deadline is at midnight on the deadline date? Say the deadline is December 1st. Would the application close the minute it became the 1st at 12 am, or would it close right at the end of the day as it becomes the 2nd?

I'm talking about OGS, if anyone is familiar with them. Being the genius that I am, I decided to wait until the deadline (tomorrow) to finish uploading all my materials, thinking that the application would close at 12 tomorrow night. Now I'm concerned that it's actually closing in a few hours, and I can't finish my application before then due to other commitments. The countdown thing says there's one day until the deadline so I'm hoping they actually mean tomorrow night. I guess I'll have to wait and see. 

Usually it means 11:59pm on the day of the deadline. When in doubt, it's always good to ask the relevant people in charge.

And if and when you organize a conference or something else with a strict submission deadline yourself, remember this moment and explicitly say 11:59pm EST, to avoid confusion :P 

Yeah, colloquially, midnight means 11.59pm Dec. 1st. I say colloquially, because I've gotten into more than one argument about how midnight is actually the start of the day (i.e. midnight Dec 1st means that at 1am, it is still Dec. 1st, not the 2nd).