Teacher's College 2017 Entry

vvl

1 hour ago, bluesea1981 said:

I think you might wanna check the admitted students portal, like TGC did. That might mean you were accepted to the Master's, rather than the PhD.

Hi Blue,

Do you think this happens to Master applicant too? I applied for M.Ed. but now I have two applications as well, the second one has the submission date being today 3/13/17, and the application was marked as waived. Do you think I was deferred from M.Ed. to M.A.? Because someone told me that in the case of a M.A. candidate being overqualified, they would bump their information up to M.Ed. admission committee...

4 minutes ago, arielsorange said:

Hi Blue,

Do you think this happens to Master applicant too? I applied for M.Ed. but now I have two applications as well, the second one has the submission date being today 3/13/17, and the application was marked as waived. Do you think I was deferred from M.Ed. to M.A.? Because someone told me that in the case of a M.A. candidate being overqualified, they would bump their information up to M.Ed. admission committee...

arielsorange, have you tried logging into the admitted students portal?

18 minutes ago, bluesea1981 said:

arielsorange, have you tried logging into the admitted students portal?

:o I'm in!

Thank you for the reminder~

And just for frame of reference for some other folks: I applied for Higher and Postsecondary Education M.Ed., but was accepted by their M.A. :) 

1 minute ago, arielsorange said:

And just for frame of reference for some other folks: I applied for Higher and Postsecondary Education M.Ed., but was accepted by their M.A. :) 

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Happyleaves said:

Anyone applied ice/iced program master can log into admitted portal?

thanks

I applied for the IED program (assuming this International Education Development) masters and I am not able to login too. Perhaps the decisions for our programs are just not available yet :/

18 hours ago, universe said:

Anyone see the bad yelp reviews on Teacher's college? Google it and you'll find tons of negative reviews. Not sure how much you should read into it, but I would be wary about going there.

I just read through some of these reviews. What do y'all think is the validity of them? I recently got admitted to TC and will visit soon, but the reviews sure made me a little wary.

3 hours ago, haveuever22 said:

You were right!

I got admitted to the Edu Policy and Social Analysis as master's. 

Yet, there are no info on funding. 

Does TC usually offer funding to admitted master's students?

Congrats! I was admitted to the Master's program in Applied Linguistics/TESOL on February 20 (3 weeks ago) and I just received my financial award letter today by email. It's my top choice as of now so I was hoping for a lot but not expecting much, and it was higher than I expected but not the highest award I've gotten. Tough decisions!

Congrats to all of you with recent good news! Exciting times!!! 

I have a question for any of you who are familiar with NYC area. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on how to go about finding an apartment with out spending loads of broker fees in NYC?

21 hours ago, arielsorange said:

Hi I also checked the portal and the webpage said this portal is only used for students admitted to a currently application term at Teachers college. Did you receive the decision email before log in the portal?

52 minutes ago, Yumiko Ann said:

Hi I also checked the portal and the webpage said this portal is only used for students admitted to a currently application term at Teachers college. Did you receive the decision email before log in the portal?

Got the same message. I have a feeling that a lot of people are getting the same message that you got and that only some people are able to log into the admitted students portal.

1 hour ago, Yumiko Ann said:

Hi Yumiko,

No I did not. I actually received my admission letter today. Hope that helps! :)

10 hours ago, pj060690 said:

Is any one who applied to ICE or IED program able to log in to the admissions portal or has anyone received an email on their decision?

No to both questions.