Is PhD Interview An Automatic Acceptance?

light10491

Question

I am applying to PhD programs in health policy. I applied to around 10 schools. If I am extended an interview from one of these, what are the chances of an acceptance? 

Q.) Is an invitation to interview essentially an acceptance? What is a typical interview acceptance rate?

2 answers to this question

17 hours ago, light10491 said:

Q.) Is an invitation to interview essentially an acceptance? What is a typical interview acceptance rate?

An interview does not equal an acceptance, just like a job interview does not mean that you will get the job. What it does mean, is that you are in the running and nearing the finish line.

Acceptance rate - it probably depends on the school/program/number of open slots/how many other folks get an interview and a bunch of other factors.

Nope! I had four interviews BEFORE applications and two after, rejected by three, waitlisted by one, accepted by two. It just depends on who you're interviewing for/with, people they're also interviewing, and if you're a good fit for their program.