Fall 2010 Admission Results

Here are my thoughts: If I don't get a phone call from a 612 area code tomorrow or Thursday, I'll assume rejection from U of M. If I do get a call Friday from the land of 612, it'll be a nice surprise but not expected. If I don't hear anything before the week is over, then I know that this stage of the process will have finally come to an end! In the mean time, I'm just going to have to sit back, wait, and see...unsure.gif

Edited by APGradApplicant

Here are my thoughts: If I don't get a phone call from a 612 area code tomorrow or Thursday, I'll assume rejection from U of M. If I do get a call Friday from the land of 612, it'll be a nice surprise but not expected. If I don't hear anything before the week is over, then I know that this stage of the process will have finally come to an end! In the mean time, I'm just going to have to sit back, wait, and see...unsure.gif

AP-- If you get admitted to UMN, would it be your top choice?

AP-- If you get admitted to UMN, would it be your top choice?

Yes, definitely. Would probably be the only acceptance at this point in time that would cause me to withdraw from the wait list at Rochester...

Again, congrats on your news today! Great to hear!

Congratulations to everyone who received offers last night! It's great to hear that this process is coming to an end for many of us - I think it's time to start a "decisions" thread soon. smile.gif

I keep my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear. Good luck to you all!

When I visited MIT in October, everyone there (professors and students alike) mentioned the stipends were for 9 months. I asked specifically what students do over the summer, and they said some land RAs (either there or at other institutions) and a lot of the international students go home. Interesting if they have offered summer funding to someone.

Has anyone gotten more specific funding information from Princeton yet?

No, nothing. Emails from a couple of professors, grad students, that's all. Also, when do we have to rsvp re admit events? and to whom? I'm confused!

Is Princeton your top choice? smile.gif

U Penn folks! Has any of you got a detailed letter from Graduate Dean of SAS or got information when we could receive it? I got an admission letter from Graduate Chair of Political Science a week ago, and waiting for the detailed letter.

U Penn folks! Has any of you got a detailed letter from Graduate Dean of SAS or got information when we could receive it? I got an admission letter from Graduate Chair of Political Science a week ago, and waiting for the detailed letter.

Pat Kozak said that they are working on the letters and they should go out soon.

On 2/24/2010 at 9:56 AM, Oxon said:

No, nothing. Emails from a couple of professors, grad students, that's all. Also, when do we have to rsvp re admit events? and to whom? I'm confused!

Is Princeton your top choice? smile.gif

It probably should be but there are some complicating factors so I'm torn between WashU, Minnesota and Princeton... My undergrad advisor at UMN is beyond amazing and there are some really appealing aspects to Minnesota. WashU is a better "school of thought" fit. But Princeton is Princeton, and I'm not sure I can walk away from that (especially after reading so much from The Realist!). So... I have no idea.

I bought plane tickets and sent my confirmation to Danette, and counted that as close enough to an RSVP. I also had a professor in my subfield call me and he asked me if I was coming so I confirmed with him... But my best guess would be to email Danette Rivera once you get your travel arrangements figured out...

I answered the top choice question-- your turn! ?

NSSR Update: from an email with a survey that they wanted me to take. I'm applying for the MA.

"UPDATE: The Admissions Committees are hard at work selecting the fall 2010 class. The fist decision letters are scheduled to be mailed beginning March 10. After that date they will continue to be mailed as decisions are made."

After going 0 for all of my PhDs I'm pretty much holding out for the 4 MAs I went for, much more waiting to go...

interesting that there haven't been more MIT acceptances...maybe later today?

That's what I'm hoping for. Someone mentioned they didn't get their letters mailed out until late yesterday so maybe some people will get them today. If I don't get something I'm assuming a rejection.

Does anyone think UCLA will be sending out more decisions? A couple people posted acceptances yesterday so maybe they're trickling in.

For those of you who are curious, I e-mailed Brandeis the following:

"Hi,

I am applying for a PhD in Politics for Fall 2010 and was curious as to when the admissions committee will start meeting. What will the means of announcing the results be? (e-mail, postal, phone etc.)"

This is the answer:

"We generally do not share our admissions committee's schedule with applicants. The mode of contact depends on the results of the individual case."

So they like keeping us in the dark :)