LOR

mano

Hey mano, do you mean by mail or by electronic submission? The latter should be instantaneous. I got notifications after notifications in my email that one letter writer was cranking out all the letters! I take it that the process is in real-time.

electronic one. I asked because I got an email from one school saying stg like "we received your letter and it may take few days to forward it to the grad prog."...maybe because it's winter break...

thanks btw!

Edited by mano

7 hours ago, MentalEngineer said:

As with most questions about application timing, if you have to ask at the end of December, you're probably cutting your deadlines too fine. Snarky (sorry!) but true.

I send my requests on time. There is no problem with my timing so far. I didn't understand what you mean??

Wait..you mean asking profs. if they are willing to write a letter for me? I am not talking about this, though. I've asked them 3 months ago. lol. My brain is just :unsure:

Edited by mano

Did you mean for the schools whose deadline is early Jan?

I am a bit freaked out right now:) So do you think that my letters will be received by programs after deadline (if my letter recs. provide them 5-7 days before the deadline, for ex.)? 

Edited by mano

@MentalEngineer There's a little bit of a grace period though, no (for LORs)? We can't control when our letter writers complete these things... I added mine to the portal a month ago and only one of three has finished all the schools :P Trying not to panic too much about that. Just keep sending reminders... @mano if your professors have submitted by the deadline, I'm sure you will be fine, even if it's received a day or so following the deadline (I'm certainly hoping so for my own sake).

37 minutes ago, goldenstardust11 said:

@mano if your professors have submitted by the deadline, I'm sure you will be fine, even if it's received a day or so following the deadline (I'm certainly hoping so for my own sake).

that's what I thought... just worried because of the email that I got from one school saying that it may take few business day for letters to be forwarded to the grad. program (not school)...otherwise, yeah my profs. are submitting their letters by the deadline.

thanks for your input!!