Schools that look at last 60 units, but use CSDCAS

Hello,

I am a little (okay, a lot) confused by CSDCAS and GPA calculations.  Is there no "last 60 units" type of calculation, or department specific calculations?  Is it just an overall?  Many of the schools I am looking at supposedly look at last 60 units, and I chose them for that purpose, but I'm unsure of if this is real or how it works.  My department GPA is a 4.0 (I'll be getting my bachelors in CDS in the spring), and last 60 units is about a 3.9 or higher.  However, my cumulative is barely a 3.03 (I was a terrible student for many years in other majors when I was younger).  I'm worried that schools using CSDCAS won't really look at last 60, and just use CSDCAS's odd GPA calculations.  Anyone have any clue how that works?  I feel like CSDCAS is making life incredibly difficult right now.

Thanks folks!! 

I really dislike CSDCAS.... I'm in a similar situation. I think if schools want to look at one or the other mainly then they can search it out. Most places that I'm applying to also ask for my unofficial transcripts in their own separate applications (why even use CSDCAS anyways then?!?! UGH) so hopefully they'll look more at those and be able to calculate the other GPAs.

But yes, all-in-all I really despise CSDCAS system

If you look at your GPA report in CSDCAS there are several calculations other than the cumulative GPA (by category, major, sr. & jr. year, etc). I assume if a school says they put more weight on your later coursework, they will look at all factors. Your stats are great, I bet if you have taken your time with all parts of the application you will get in!

1 hour ago, Alicia124 said:

If you look at your GPA report in CSDCAS there are several calculations other than the cumulative GPA (by category, major, sr. & jr. year, etc). I assume if a school says they put more weight on your later coursework, they will look at all factors. Your stats are great, I bet if you have taken your time with all parts of the application you will get in!

Thank you very much for your kind words.  I think CSDCAS is made to stress grad applicants out.  I guess I just have to wait and see.  (pulls hair out)