UConn SSW Fall 2017

bquinn

Anyone else applying? My application is almost ready- just a few more questions to fill out for the personal statement and I'm done! The waiting game anticipation is already starting to consume me... ah!

On 12/31/2016 at 4:42 PM, alisham said:

I am! I'm also in the process of writing my personal statement. Can't wait to get this whole process over with.

I'm in the editing stage of mine, but I hope to submit it all tonight! Which concentration are you applying for?

4 hours ago, bquinn said:

I'm in the editing stage of mine, but I hope to submit it all tonight! Which concentration are you applying for?

I'm applying for Individuals, Groups, and Families, which is what the Casework concentration is being changed to. How about you?

6 hours ago, alisham said:

I'm applying for Individuals, Groups, and Families, which is what the Casework concentration is being changed to. How about you?

Awesome! I'm applying for Policy Practice, but it was a tough decision! Finalizing it now, will be finishing it before bed- I'm determined! Let's keep in touch about decision times, it seems we are few and far between for UConn applicants on this board. Best of luck :) 

12 hours ago, bquinn said:

Awesome! I'm applying for Policy Practice, but it was a tough decision! Finalizing it now, will be finishing it before bed- I'm determined! Let's keep in touch about decision times, it seems we are few and far between for UConn applicants on this board. Best of luck :) 

Yes, choosing a concentration was tough for me as well.  I kept going back and forth between Individuals, Groups, and Families and Community Organization.  But everyone kept telling me that it would be easier to go from micro SW to macro as opposed to macro to micro and that it was tougher to find a job with macro.  So, I ultimately decided on the former.  I should be finished with my all of my apps by the end of the week.  Good luck to you as well!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alisham said:

Just received my acceptance e-mail!  I'm still waiting on 3 more schools, but seeing as how I'm in-state, unless they offer me tons of aid, I'll be going to UConn in the fall.

Congrats!!! I already accepted the offer, hahaha