Not a good sign?

eamiller12

I'm assuming if a program's recruitment weekend is February 5-6th and I haven't heard anything yet this is not a good sign. Right?

I would have to agree that it is likely not a good sign. That date is only a couple of weeks away, and they would need to expect applicants to have time to set up for the recruitment weekend.

I am sorry to say that, but I hope the other ones work out for you! Maybe I am wrong....

One school I applied to only gave around a week's notice for on-campus interviews so it's not necessarily too late. If other people have heard, however, then yeah, I would take it as a bad sign. Sorry. sad.gif

Edited by chimerical

Just my recently acquired experience:

I was invited today for an interview scheduled Feb 3-4, approx. a week and a half. Also, the email was very specific about the number of people invited and that number includes about 4 more than the number I've been told by the DGS that they intend to accept. So, it appears that they've built in the waitlist buffer into the event.

I'm assuming if a program's recruitment weekend is February 5-6th and I haven't heard anything yet this is not a good sign. Right?

You could be waitlisted and hear from the school later on. My sister is a professor and on the admissions committee for a PhD program in clinical and community psych. She told me an applicant might not be contacted right away because they are 2nd or 3rd on the list for the school and may be contacted later. There's still hope!

Edited by farm

I sent an email yesterday, but I still haven't gotten a response. I have been holding off on calling because I didn't want to appear desperate or harass them. I imagine working in an admissions office around this time of the year is a pretty unpleasant job.