Ceramics MFA Applicants?

tunamindmelt

• 1 month later...

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, tunamindmelt said:

Is anybody out there applying to ceramics programs, or other programs but with a mostly clay portfolio? 

I have applied to Ceramics programs, Alfred, Temple, Syracuse, Arizona State, Utah State, Edinboro, Montana State, Bowling Green, Kansas State. I have only heard back from 2 of the 9: Kansas State which had to refund ALL applicants b/c their program is in shambles right now and they are hiring new faculty and not accepting new grads, and Edinboro this week (2/21) which was a rejection...

Hearing from all the various acceptance & interview results that have been posted, it makes me very concerned that I haven't heard from any of the other 7 schools. Let me just say my hopes are pretty low right now. Going to start looking into 1-yr artist-in-residence programs, some of which have deadlines of 3/1.

I am uprooting my family of 4 to pursue this dream, hopefully some good news will strike soon...fingers crossed.

How are your results looking?

I'm kind of in the same boat--yet to hear anything. I applied to University of Arkansas, University of Alabama, Tulane, GSU, UNC, LSU, and Ole Miss. From what I've seen, I think most of these will be rejections, but I've resigned myself to that fate. I'll just be receiving my undergraduate degree in May and started working in clay almost two years ago, so rejections won't be a surprise. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very proud that our Ceramics program just moved from #8 to #5 this past year. It really gets subjective at that point. Alfred is an excellent program.

Ceramics Faculty:

http://www.kimdickeystudio.com/
http://www.jeannequinnstudio.com/
http://www.scottchamberlinstudio.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We have a few faculty from Alfred and Ohio State University now teaching at Oregon College of Art and Craft. We have a new MFA program but a really great ceramics culture in Portland that completely takes you in if you are studying at ocac (Oregon college of art and craft). Not only Alfred, but you work with alumni from cranbrook, skowhegan, and professors who have done multiple residencies at Arrowmont, Penland, and Watershed. Fantastic program. Not many TA offers, but a great place to get into the clay community. Our chair, Dylan Beck, just directed NCECA 2017.  ocac.edu. Just incase you have a list of rejections! Our program is now looking for more sculptors.