Public health or policy?

katalytik

I am wondering if there are people in the public health or health policy people on this site. It seems there are not many, but it would be nice to hear from you! I'm a little stressed now because other programs are at a high in terms of decisions, and my earliest deadline was Dec 1 -- followed by Dec 15, and Jan 15. Have people heard back? I did not apply through SOPHAS and went through the graduate school because all PhD programs tend to be administered by the Grad school. Anyone around?

I am wondering if there are people in the public health or health policy people on this site. It seems there are not many, but it would be nice to hear from you! I'm a little stressed now because other programs are at a high in terms of decisions, and my earliest deadline was Dec 1 -- followed by Dec 15, and Jan 15. Have people heard back? I did not apply through SOPHAS and went through the graduate school because all PhD programs tend to be administered by the Grad school. Anyone around?

Hey! I applied to public health PhD programs too! In behavior-type departments. A couple through SOPHAS and the rest through the actual schools. My earliest deadline was also Dec 1, I had a few due Dec. 15th, and just one due Jan. 4th-ish. I haven't heard back from any school yet. I checked the results page of this website and noticed most notifications took place in Feb and March (although there was one that notified late-Jan). Anyway, public health people are scarce but you're not alone!

Hey! I applied to public health PhD programs too! In behavior-type departments. A couple through SOPHAS and the rest through the actual schools. My earliest deadline was also Dec 1, I had a few due Dec. 15th, and just one due Jan. 4th-ish. I haven't heard back from any school yet. I checked the results page of this website and noticed most notifications took place in Feb and March (although there was one that notified late-Jan). Anyway, public health people are scarce but you're not alone!

Wooooo! Nice to hear from someone. I'm doing more policy and management work, but its cool you are also around..........now there is someone I can hold a virtual hand with as we go through this horribly nerve racking process!

Wooooo! Nice to hear from someone. I'm doing more policy and management work, but its cool you are also around..........now there is someone I can hold a virtual hand with as we go through this horribly nerve racking process!

Haha! Yes! Glad to have found you. I see you're applying to UMich. That's where my MPH is from and where I'm currently working!

Haha! Yes! Glad to have found you. I see you're applying to UMich. That's where my MPH is from and where I'm currently working!

what did you think about the HSOP department over at Mich? All of these three programs are hard to get into so I am just hoping for one. How was the training in general in the SPH there? Any feedback would be welcome....

what did you think about the HSOP department over at Mich? All of these three programs are hard to get into so I am just hoping for one. How was the training in general in the SPH there? Any feedback would be welcome....

I was in Health Behavior & Health Education but I took a couple of Health Management and Policy course. Very good but tough. I heard that the PhD training is very different than the MPH training here in that you get way more faculty time. Of the people I know in the PhD program here, at least in my department, they love it!

Did you apply for MPH or a PHD/DRPH or something like that? Would you mind telling me where you got in so far? Am curious about which schools have already let the cat out of the bag...

I'm applying for PhDs. Haven't heard anything yet...I think for most of my programmes it's too early to read anything into silence.

Farm: thanks for the feedback..........I'll look forward to hearing from them. Its a solid program, and they are doing work in information technology also.

Ridgey: you are right, but i keep seeing the results on the results page and get a little tense. that's probably it...

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, thanks. All of my apps were through SOPHAS except for Columbia (MPH), Georgetown (MPP) and NYU (MPP). I'm contemplating adding one or two more MPH programs, since hey, all I have to do is edit my SOP and click send (ok, and pay another $40 per school). Haven't heard back from anywhere yet. Juuuust waiting.

Awesome, thanks. All of my apps were through SOPHAS except for Columbia (MPH), Georgetown (MPP) and NYU (MPP). I'm contemplating adding one or two more MPH programs, since hey, all I have to do is edit my SOP and click send (ok, and pay another $40 per school). Haven't heard back from anywhere yet. Juuuust waiting.

I've only done a phone interview, but I am sure you will hear soon. I was so tired of the app process, and now the waiting. If you are interested in specific programs, and the cost is not high for you, then it may not hurt to add more apps..........that is if the process hasn't made you frustrated.