Sci Phi: The Philosophy of Science Podcast

nzautra31

Greetings, GradCafe,

My name is Nick Zautra. I am a doctoral student in History and Philosophy of Science and Cognitive Science at Indiana University Bloomington.
I host and produce a new weekly philosophy of science podcast from IUB called SCI PHI which interviews prominent and up-and-coming philosophers of science who engage with scientists in interesting ways. 

SCI PHI interviews focus on the origin stories of how people found their way into philosophy of science, how they became successful, what current projects they are excited about, and anything else they would like to discuss; for example, the state of the field, major problems in the sciences and in philosophy, and the future of philosophy of science.

Given the podcast's in-depth look at different academic programs over the years, including information often relevant to particular graduate programs, how to succeed in graduate programs, and how successful philosophers of science have found jobs in the field, it may be of interest to fellow users of Grad Cafe.

Episodes are available at visit www.sciphipod.com, and on iTunes.

If you know of a guest speaker in philosophy of science you would like to hear from, please let me know.

All the best,

Nick

10 hours ago, matchamatcha said:

This is amazing, thanks for all your hard work!  I'm seconding Cartwright, and I think Anjan Chakravartty would be cool.

Totes Anjan. Dude is a beast.

15 hours ago, dgswaim said:

Thanks! This is awesome. If you could get Nancy Cartwright or Bill Wimsatt on there that would be pretty sweet...

3 hours ago, dgswaim said:

3 hours ago, lantedodo said:

Subscribed! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words, and recommendations! I just sent interview requests to Cartwright, Wimsatt, and Chakravartty. If you have any further recommendations, feel free to suggest them in this thread, or email me, nzautra@indiana.edu. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 1:11 AM, matchamatcha said:

This is amazing, thanks for all your hard work!  I'm seconding Cartwright, and I think Anjan Chakravartty would be cool.

On 1/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, dgswaim said:

FYI, the episode featuring Anjan Chakravartty is now available here! http://www.sciphipod.com/podcast/2017/2/22/episode-11-anjan-chakravartty

13 hours ago, lantedodo said:

I've listened to 6 episodes so far and am really digging it! Thanks for doing this!!

Thank you for listening! Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)