Fall 2010 - Anthro Admissions Results

anthroboy2010

Is it the consensus that all cultural anthropology acceptances for Berkeley have already been sent? There haven't been too many reported.

I think it would be a good idea for you to call the office - the Grad Advisor is really nice and told me my status (not good news, but it was ok!). I'm not too sure that they've sent out all of their acceptance emails ... He told me that they'd only accepted 12 out of 335 applicants, so that probably explains why you've only seen a few posts.

<br />I think it would be a good idea for you to call the office - the Grad Advisor is really nice and told me my status (not good news, but it was ok!). I'm not too sure that they've sent out all of their acceptance emails ... He told me that they'd only accepted 12 out of 335 applicants, so that probably explains why you've only seen a few posts.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

He told me yesterday that "Decisions will be coming out within a couple of days". He did not tell me I was rejected... could this mean anything good? :)

I was going to call him today...but reading that, maybe better to wait. Was cautiously optimistic (I did get 800V/6A on the GRE), but I've kinda warmed to California Institute of Integral Studies now, anyhow...

I'd definitely recommend calling ahead, if you want to end the waiting game. I just asked about my application status, and he looked it up there and then. This was two days ago. Also, he was really nice and understanding, didn't sound impatient or put out at all.

... good luck!!

Edited by littlepeach09

I think if you haven't heard from Berkeley yet, you can pretty much cross it out from your list. If you want to be sure, just call or email Ned. I emailed him and he immediately told me that I didnt make it (: One less school to worry about for me. He said that they are at the "absolute end of the decision process" and that we will get a short automated email from the grad office soon.

Does anyone know if I got into the programs to which I applied?

Also: does anyone know if I'll be receiving funding?

Lastly, I'm wondering if I'll be getting tenure in 15-20 years. Anyone hear anything? Thanks in advance.

:P

boxboss, I love you.

Also to the Chicago submitter who wrote "*chuckle* the short list isn't so short," I love you too.

Humor is about the only way not to go insane in this process and I thank you both for making me laugh (assuming you're not the same individual).

boxboss, I love you.

Also to the Chicago submitter who wrote "*chuckle* the short list isn't so short," I love you too.

Humor is about the only way not to go insane in this process and I thank you both for making me laugh (assuming you're not the same individual).

not the same person

this whole process is so ridiculous that sometimes i wonder how everybody keeps a straight face.

Has anyone heard from Michigan yet for sociocultural anthro? I saw acceptances for history/anthropology and archaeology, and an informal rejection from a POI. Anyone else?

I was the informal rejection and I had applied for socio-cultural, but I have no idea where they are in the official notifying process. I applied to two depts at UMich, got into one (Asian Lang & Culture), and my potential advisor in AL&C said the anthro department had finalized decisions and I didn't get in. Unfortunately he didn't say anything else about anthro's time frame so I can't shed much light on it for anyone else. Best of luck to all though, I hope folks hear soon!

hmm talked to the grad coordinator today and she said another 3-4 weeks before decisions are made... mysteries...

I was the informal rejection and I had applied for socio-cultural, but I have no idea where they are in the official notifying process. I applied to two depts at UMich, got into one (Asian Lang & Culture), and my potential advisor in AL&C said the anthro department had finalized decisions and I didn't get in. Unfortunately he didn't say anything else about anthro's time frame so I can't shed much light on it for anyone else. Best of luck to all though, I hope folks hear soon!

hmm talked to the grad coordinator today and she said another 3-4 weeks before decisions are made... mysteries...

Could be, I'm just relating what one faculty member told me. For the sake of everyone waiting I hope it's not another 3-4 weeks.