Is evolutionary psychology still relevant research topic?

Supernova

I am mostly interested in human nature, including but not limitited to motivation. My undergrad years have always been characteristed by independent thinking. I am able to think outside of the box and apply knowledge from different sources to a specific problem. Put the puzzle together. 

Will I need to do some hard science to get a job as a researcher in evolutionary psychology? And how do you like my chances? 

• 1 month later...

I have no idea about your chances, but yes you should definitely have accomplished some research (at least a poster presentation).  I still think evolutionary psychology is relevant, particularly in studies about nature vs nurture. so it would probably be a lot of comparison about personality traits or survival mechanisms, I am guessing.

Evolutionary Psychology is probably gaining traction if anything. You wouldn't need to do "hard science" per say, but you would certainly need to have some research background in it. Or you could apply for an assistant research position in a Evolutionary Psychology lab.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if you're still checking this thread, and I don't have anything particularly helpful to contribute about getting a job, apart from getting involved in a lab as an RA (I haven't been too successful in this regard myself), but I would suggest this website if you haven't seen it: https://evolution-institute.org 

I would take some of the stuff they write (some of their more ambitious policy ideas) with a grain of salt, but reading the articles and looking through the contributors could help you find people whose research you might be interested, and give you some more ideas about what you can do