USC ASE

I emailed a question to USC's American Studies/Ethnicity dept. about my application (not status or anything), and they said that they would send letters out end of February/beginning of March. That's way later than past decision dates... so not sure what that means.

Just a heads up!

Thanks for the info! I am anxious to hear from them. I had lots of pre-app contact.

They had to be inundated with apps. The dept gets stronger every year; awesome faculty, good location and funding and then the economy. :( Be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for the info! I am anxious to hear from them. I had lots of pre-app contact.

They had to be inundated with apps. The dept gets stronger every year; awesome faculty, good location and funding and then the economy. :( Be interesting to see what happens.

It is a little nerve-racking; however, based on the results from past years acceptances seem to go out at the end of February (think this has to do with them securing funding for their students)... but the rejections usually come out around the FIRST WEEK in February. Meaning I'm desperately hoping NOT to get an email from USC next week!!! Hopefully we'll all be in the clear, though, if we don't hear anything next week.

It does have an amazing program: great faculty, collaborative environment, very diverse group of faculty and students.

I'd bet they changed when acceptances go out due to all the program shuffling that's going on at USC right now. That, combined with the closure of some top-notch programs like their Geography Department, may have led to them getting more applicants than usual too.

Anyways, good luck to you all! Hope the wait won't be too long.

• 2 weeks later...

To confirm what mastermind said - I called, and they told me that no one will hear back until late February or early March. They received a lot more applications than in previous years, so it is taking more time to sort through them.

So, sorry allegheny, making it this far doesn't mean we're in. I wish it were true, though!

I was wondering the same thing... then I remembered that USC has that 'preferred deadline' November 1st, which may have made rejections (and maybe acceptances) go out at different times. Can anyone confirm their acceptance and which deadline they applied to?

i submitted my application on october 30. haven't heard a peep.

it's the last school to notify me... with one rejection and two wait lists under my belt, i'm a nervous wreck about it.

:blink:

I applied after Nov 1st, but before the deadline of Dec 1st. I haven't heard anything either. My guess is that they must do different rounds of rejections.

Also, what about Michigan's American Culture. I saw that someone was wait listed, but no one has posted a rejection or acceptance. I haven't heard anything from Michigan. I wish I knew the logic of this process, but I know it is different for every program.

Edited by wally

I applied to USC after Nov. 1 and before Dec. 1 and I was rejected. I think its a good sign if you have not heard anything from USC. Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting to hear!!

I applied to Michigan too and have heard nothing but honestly I kind of take that as a rejection.

Edited by nenanubes