Uoft recruitment event

B_Allen

oh wow interesting, there are quite a few really good discrimination labs at UofT, yes i am in the perception/cognition stream...focusing on computational models of human cognition, specifically category learning and feature learning

That sounds awesome!  There's so many great faculty at UofT.  I did my undergrad here and currently work in a lab here as well so I'm biased, but I still think it's pretty great!  Your interests actually kind of sound like what my current lab does.. haha!  Wonder if it's the same lab.

lol i also did my undergrad there as well! i dont know if its the same lab, because my potential supervisor recently came to the university... i've been in his lab since he got here 

No way - I wonder if we've had classes together!  Did you graduate in 2016?

Sounds like it's not my current lab then.  Although it sounds like my boss could be one of your interviewers since some of our work is about learning/goal states. 

lol yes i did graduate in 2016, i feel like this is a step brothers movie moment...and this is the part where i say DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS! lol

you know what i might have a interview with them, because i am meeting with 5 people (im assuming its the same for you, within your stream)

LOL I feel like we have most definitely crossed paths at some point then... I'm actually meeting with 8 different people!  So nervous :( One is my POI and two are her grad students.  The other 5 are different profs - I know one of them pretty well but I'm still nervous for those meetings and the fact that we get no breaks!

lool we most likely have damn now i am getting super excited for tommorw hopefully everyone is cool and we all get along! oh damn! I thought my schedule seemed a bit hectic, well you know what lets look at it from a positive perspective, the more people want to meet you clearly means that they are seriously interested in you! Regardless seeing the general itinerary for this event i think we have alot of room for optimism, so I know i am still nervous but i think we should be confident in knowing that at the very least we are on their priority list of applicants :) 

I think it's gonna be a great two days as well, despite the nerves!  and yeah at this point it's good news for us that we're at this stage but I still get so nervous and always think the worst LOL.  Best of luck tomorrow and Friday!  Maybe we'll run into each other at some point :lol: