Masdar fall 2017

Tea.Lover

I graduated back in 2016. Since then, I have been working as a research assistant at a local university. 
I have heard that Masdar provide 2500 DHs per month. Is it enough to survive in UAE? 

Done with interview.. It was pretty basic interview with 2-3 technical questions. There were two people in my panel and were quite friendly and supportive. Hope for the best. 

Hey, even my interview is done. Lets hope for the best. One of them is Dr Jaime from Masdar and am guessing the other person is from Khalifa.

Hey guys.

I have applied for MSC Engineering Systems and Management course in Masdar.

just wondering, are the interviews basically the next round of evaluation or are they conducted only for specific programs?

cause i noticed that only students applying for the microsystems and Electrical Egineering courses are called for interviews.

Any ideas ?

I believe they are only for specific programs or they are conducting interviews for Electrical Engineering first and will call other departments later..

Many of my friends from  other departments have not been called for an interview yet. So be positive. 

I'm from Nigeria, applied for Computing and Information Science. Was contacted for interview on May 30, had interview on May 31, 1p.m(U.A.E time). My interview was both oral(Phone call) and written(programming).

GRE(308): Q(160) V(148)

TOEFL: 98

CGPA. 4.53/5.00 (1st Class Equivalent)

Nice to hear that Ede.

Hope we all could make it to MASDAR.

By the way, isn't this the first time that MASDAR is conducting interviews of the applicants? I have a friend graduated (MS Microsystems ) from MASDAR and he was never interviewed.. 

11 hours ago, rehan.younas said:

I believe they are only for specific programs or they are conducting interviews for Electrical Engineering first and will call other departments later..

Many of my friends from  other departments have not been called for an interview yet. So be positive. 

Rehan , do u have any idea if any of ur friends (who were originally shortlisted) recieved an admission offer without conducting an interview ?

12 hours ago, rehan.younas said:

Yes @Ede. I have applied for fall 2017. That's just some technical issue... 
 Are you applying somewhere else as well? 

Nope, not as at this moment. Only MASDAR for now.

hi guys does anybody received any kind of confirmation or offer letter from MASDAR yet?. My status yet to change from waitlisted and shortlisted for admission. So, kindly share any updates from MASDAR. any body what is the stipend for PHD ?

@studentxyz Let me share my experience as well. I was asked two questions related to this area. 
1- What is Object Oriented Programming? 
2- What is the difference between Linux and Windows? 
Both of these things were mentioned in my CV(indirectly). My advice would be to prepare well enough to justify what you have mentioned in your resume/CV.  

@studentxyz @rehan.younas I was asked about my final year project/thesis, binary search, stack and heap, recursion, graph theory and it's algorithms, Hamiltonian tour in graph theory too all of which i did mentioned in my resume too.

For the quiz, i got three questions. A question about sudoku solution checker, Fibonacci series and pyramid pattern.

I was told that the decision would come by the end of this month, or in the worst case scenario by the end of July. Hopefully sooner than later!