What does the Internet tell us?

agh423

Hey all-

This is geared more towards admitted students, but how long is the wait to hear back from schools?

Also, is there a way to check updates online through the application site? All mine says is "submitted", but will that change down the line?

Thanks!

Depends.

Different schools make decisions at different times. Check out the results page for an estimate based on previous years.

In my case: the first notification always came in the form of an email/phone call from an adcom member. That was followed by an official email from the graduate school. I think all the schools that allowed online status checks eventually changed my status from "pending" (or whatever) to "accepted", but it took a while in some cases.

really depends on your program in terms of how long it takes and how they get in touch. it seems the options are limited:

1. If rejection, either email or a link to check your account online. They will likely follow this up with a written letter.

2. If acceptance, then email or phone call seems to be the way to go for immediate notification. And then the paperwork in the mail.

My programs are still reviewing, but it seems many of the others have already started, and it seems some have finished........especially biology related programs.