Near Eastern/Middle Eastern Studies

Frontline

Hi @Frontline! I saw your post on the results thread. I applied to Princeton/NES and I guess they were supposed to release the interviews compared to the previous years. Yesterday, I wrote to the administrative director, Mr. LaRegina, he told that I/we should wait until Tuesday (Feb. 7). I think if nothing appears until then, it means highly a rejection, or waitlist. I am not sure. Cheers! 

I guess so, they haven't. Or, what I understand is the shortlisted candidates are going to be contacted by their POIs or other faculty members individually. And the deadline for that is Feb. 7. If it is the case, there may be some applicants who received emails from their POIs. Not sure, but this application season made me expert on speculation! 

Thanks for the wish, same is here! 

Thanks again! The website states, 'Normally we send out invitations to short-listed candidates on the first Wednesday in February,' which means (I suppose) they either sent out invitations last Wednesday (Feb 1) -- or, given Mr LaRegina's email, they will do so on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed! 

On 2/4/2017 at 11:25 PM, Frontline said:

Thanks again! The website states, 'Normally we send out invitations to short-listed candidates on the first Wednesday in February,' which means (I suppose) they either sent out invitations last Wednesday (Feb 1) -- or, given Mr LaRegina's email, they will do so on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed! 

Hey @Frontline! Today I received an email from Princeton/NES, hope you also heard or will hear soon the invitation. If you want to further communicate please feel free to send me a PM. Good luck and best wishes! 

5 hours ago, praxis34 said:

Hey @Frontline! Today I received an email from Princeton/NES, hope you also heard or will hear soon the invitation. If you want to further communicate please feel free to send me a PM. Good luck and best wishes! 

Hey @praxis34! No invitation for me. Good luck to all of you, and hope you are able to execute your PhD under the mentorship that you feel would be most fruitful for you!

8 hours ago, praxis34 said:

Congrats to you too! Mine is Middle East, or more particular 19th c. Ottoman economic and political history. What's yours? 

Thanks. Mine is Gulf Studies, 19th-20th, sectarian politics and history. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all! I've also applied to the Princeton NES PhD program. I'm guessing it's not likely that I got admitted since I wasn't invited for an interview? Maybe it's because I'm an international and I reside out of the US--then again, some of my friends who applied to other departments at Princeton got interviewed via Skype. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.