Am I a strong PhD candidate? Profile evaluation

Alma Riva

Question

Hi guys,

I am a 23-year old French student who has applied for the PhD in Public Policy & Administration at Bocconi University, Milan. Wondering if anyone could evaluate my profile to get an idea of whether I have some decent chances of being accepted.

- Undergraduate studies: Bocconi University, Bachelor in International Economics, Management and Finance - Top 5% of the cohort

- Graduate studies: Sciences Po Paris, Master in International Economic Policy (2-year programme) - Top student of the cohort (expectef to get my diploma in July)

- GRE: 166 Q; 161 V; 4.5 AW

- Reference letters: 1 from former Italian Minister of Finance + 1 from Chief Economist of top insurance company who hired me for an internship at his office (both were my professors at  Sciences Po Paris)

- Work experience: long internship (> 6 months) in the Economic Research Department of a top insurance company (writing of client-oriented publications) + summer internship in a small research centre in Rome focusing on economic thought (co-authored a book with two senior researchers) + chief editor of a fairly well-known Italian online youth-based magazine

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by Alma Riva

2 answers to this question