The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Fauxpow37

It's been two to two-and-a-half months since I submitted my applications. I've only gotten one rejection so far, but I haven't heard anything at all from the other five. A few have sent out rejections, but I haven't gotten anything and there have been no status updates on the websites. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I haven't heard yet, do you think? I've talk to others that I have said some of them didn't receive their acceptances until March. And a few of the programs that I applied to have advised that even if some acceptances have gone out, they do rolling admissions and admissions letters can be sent all the way up until April 15th. No news is good news, right?

56 minutes ago, prongs1202 said:

Till we get news no news is good news;-)

I don't know that I'd say that. I applied to twelve schools total. I've gotten one rejection, one admission with funding, two admissions with no info on funding yet, and I haven't heard anything from the rest. You'd think that having at least one offer with funding, even from a "backup" school would ease the stress levels. I kind of thought it would, but I was wrong. I haven't heard a peep from my top three choices and it's killing me. I honestly don't think I'll be calm and stress free until I actually make my decision sometime around the beginning of April. And then it will only last for a few days before I'm stressed about actually going off to start my Ph.D. 

Good luck with your admissions journey!

It sucks that we all have more waiting to do. I just got notification that I was rejected from UC-Davis's Cultural Studies. On the bright side, they were a lot nicer to me than they were to others. I only received notification that I wasn't a good fit with the program. My tally still is mostly unknown:

0/6 Accepted
2/6 Rejected
0/6 Wait listed (that I know of)
4/6 Still Waiting

=/