University of Michigan - Joint PhD in English and Education - Results?

56 minutes ago, Warelin said:

It's possible that the program has accepted people who aren't on GradCafe. Programs tend to notify rejections after acceptances.

I'm a student in the English Department (not in the joint program) -- professor told me two weekends ago they were making their calls for E&E. Can't totally confirm they're all done but figure it's worth tossing out there. 

41 minutes ago, thepriorwalter said:

I'm a student in the English Department (not in the joint program) -- professor told me two weekends ago they were making their calls for E&E. Can't totally confirm they're all done but figure it's worth tossing out there. 

Do you know if this is also the case with the joint English & Gender Studies PhD? Thanks and sorry to bother you! I am still waiting to hear back as well and wondering if it's a rejection.

12 hours ago, thepriorwalter said:

Do you know anything about the general English PhD?

8 hours ago, la_mod said:

Some people reported receiving results last Friday. There's a possibility that they aren't done notifying as some programs tend to stretch out acceptances over 2-3 days.

13 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Some people reported receiving results last Friday. There's a possibility that they aren't done notifying as some programs tend to stretch out acceptances over 2-3 days.

I hope so! The general English PhD is one of my top choices! #Iwanttobelieve #hopeisoutthere

On 2/19/2017 at 1:09 PM, natalielouise said:

Do you know if this is also the case with the joint English & Gender Studies PhD? Thanks and sorry to bother you! I am still waiting to hear back as well and wondering if it's a rejection.

I don't know anything either way about English and Gender Studies! I'm sorry! 

15 hours ago, la_mod said:

I have reason to believe they've notified their acceptances but I can't say for sure that they're done. 

On 2/19/2017 at 1:09 PM, natalielouise said:

I applied to the joint English & Gender Studies two years ago, and I'm pretty sure their decisions went out around this time that year (round about the 25th--I double checked my email for my letter from 2015). So with any luck you'll be hearing something soon, and hopefully it'll be great news! Good luck!

8 minutes ago, zombiekeats said:

I applied to the joint English & Gender Studies two years ago, and I'm pretty sure their decisions went out around this time that year (round about the 25th--I double checked my email for my letter from 2015). So with any luck you'll be hearing something soon, and hopefully it'll be great news! Good luck!

Wow, thank you so much! They definitely seem to go out at around this time, but there aren't many results on GC for the specific program, so I am trying to keep in mind they may have already sent out acceptances. I am, however, really hoping for good news - they accept so few students but it's a great fit for me. Thanks for responding! :) 

1 hour ago, acidtooth said:

omfg i just got off the phone with the graduate coordinator at U Michigan and apparently each different type of English PhD program sends out their results at different times?? I applied for the joint PhD in English and Gender Studies and she told me she'll hopefully get results out by the end of this week and that Michigan doesn't leave students hanging and sends out rejection letters in addition to acceptance/waitlist. not sure if this comforts anyone but it did provide me with some much needed relief. 

Just saw this in the acceptances thread. Looks like we'll get news regarding the English/Gender Studies program very soon! (And thanks for the info, acidtooth!)

Edited by mouthfulofstars