World Bank Scholarship Applicants - 2017

paxi

Hello everyone!

Is anyone here applying to the scholarship this year?
I applied for the scholarship a couple of years back but was very disheartened that there was no response at all from the committee. Applying again this year. 

My Profile:

3-4 Years of experience in the UN system: UNFPA/UNRCO specifically.

One year with Doctors Without Borders. 

Deferred admission to KSG MPA2. 

The quality of my references won't be too strong. 

• 1 month later...

Hello  Paxi,

I have applied for this scholarship too. Yesterday, I received a letter of acceptance from LSHTM (Public Health for Development).

Re-forwarded the letter to JJWBGSP Secretariat, and received an automatic reply "We are responding to inquiries from applicants who have been short- listed by one of our partnership programs, and to their recommenders. The 2017  call for scholarship applications for a preferred masters degree is closed and we are not responding to any inquiry regarding this call and selection.  All applicants awarded a scholarship from this call wil be notified by mid-July.  We will not communicate with nor respond to inquiries from applicants who have not been awarded a scholarship."

I have also applied, for Reading and Chicago Harris - waiting for decision from both. I have 2.5 years of experience with NGO and my recommendation letters I think are strong.

However I have been already admitted to a couple of schools, some with funding, so not really sure how to proceed now. Really wish they'd notify earlier than mid-July! BTW, it says mid-June on the website. 

On 4/7/2017 at 7:36 PM, Jane312 said:

Hello  Paxi,

I have applied for this scholarship too. Yesterday, I received a letter of acceptance from LSHTM (Public Health for Development).

Re-forwarded the letter to JJWBGSP Secretariat, and received an automatic reply "We are responding to inquiries from applicants who have been short- listed by one of our partnership programs, and to their recommenders. The 2017  call for scholarship applications for a preferred masters degree is closed and we are not responding to any inquiry regarding this call and selection.  All applicants awarded a scholarship from this call wil be notified by mid-July.  We will not communicate with nor respond to inquiries from applicants who have not been awarded a scholarship."

Hi Jane 

I applied for the Scholarship too. Can someone share their email id with me. I have to speak to them to figure out. This is such a confusing time 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

Has anyone of you received notification from the World Bank regarding the prefered programs process? These are the guidelines for this year: 

i. For master’s programs that provide a letter of acceptance before May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver via email by May 3, 2017, a scanned copy of the official letter of acceptance into a preferred master’s program that you have noted on your Application Form, with the letter either: unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding.

ii. For the very few master’s programs that start providing letters of acceptance on or after May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver to the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat, via email within one week of the date of the letter of acceptance to a preferred master’s program that was noted on his/her Application Form, a scanned copy of that letter of acceptance. The letter of acceptance must be either unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding.

Still a few days before May 1 but deadline is approaching. 

Hello everyone, is there any latest about notification of the semi-finalists? I applied to a preferred program in University of Manchester. Please lets keep ourselves up to date here. 

@Baturay The guy was notified on Friday. Looking at last year's WBJJ Gradcafe group, I gathered that the notifications were sent on 6th May to all the people. That's why I asked. Do you know of other people who have applied and have received the email?

@MH2, honestly I don't know of any one that  got notified. As for me I don't know whether I will get the notification or not because I chose only one school and I got unconditional offer from them. Do I still have to be notified??? 

Edited by Baturay

@Baturay I think they will still notify you. Even I got the unconditional letter from my top choice. I also attached the acceptance letter with my WBJJ app. But they still need to send the notification. Let's hope for the best :)