World Bank Scholarship Applicants - 2017

paxi

I don't think you will receive any email from them since you have submitted while making applications. Same happened to a guy that got last year. He wasn't notified as a semi finalist but got notified as a finalist since he submitted his offer letter during the application. 

MH2, did u only choose 1 university and submitted their offer letter? then there is possibility that u dont get any notification as u have already submitted the letter of your single chosen university. if you wrote down the names of more than 1 university, then still jjwb can notify for the final time asking u to submit your final offer letter as u may change your mind to study in another university among ur chosen ones.

I think finalists must have been informed by now. And the chances of receiving the scholarship without receiving the finalist email is very low. They should have informed by now. I dont think there's any chance now. This is what the guidelines say

i. For master’s programs that provide a letter of acceptance before May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver via email by May 3, 2017, a scanned copy of the official letter of acceptance into a preferred master’s program that you have noted on your Application Form, with the letter either: unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding. ii. For the very few master’s programs that start providing letters of acceptance on or after May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver to the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat, via email within one week of the date of the letter of acceptance to a preferred master’s program that was noted on his/her Application Form, a scanned copy of that letter of acceptance. The letter of acceptance must be either unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding.

1 hour ago, rrahman1210 said:

2nd may is ending. so, no chance anymore? thats it?

Seems so.. looking at previous years experiences.

They should be a lot more transparent with their decisions I think. Sending out automated rejection mails can't be so difficult!

Hi everyone I thought I might be able to help you with information. I remember going through the process and it was so hard not having any information. Please take into account that the information I have is from around 3 years ago and that the dates are just for reference.

On June 11 2014 an email was send to those who made it to the next round. The email asked for people to send their unconditional letter of acceptance.

On July 2 2014 an email was send to those who had been awarded the scholarship. The email asked to prepare some documentation and wait for a further email.

Finally on July 14 2014 an email was send with all the relevant documentation to formally accept the scholarship.

Hope all this info helps and allows you all to go through these months without constantly checking your emails.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:29 PM, MH2 said:

I think finalists must have been informed by now. And the chances of receiving the scholarship without receiving the finalist email is very low. They should have informed by now. I dont think there's any chance now. This is what the guidelines say

i. For master’s programs that provide a letter of acceptance before May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver via email by May 3, 2017, a scanned copy of the official letter of acceptance into a preferred master’s program that you have noted on your Application Form, with the letter either: unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding. ii. For the very few master’s programs that start providing letters of acceptance on or after May 3, 2017: The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat will contact via email each finalist on or before May 1, 2017, and ask he/she to deliver to the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat, via email within one week of the date of the letter of acceptance to a preferred master’s program that was noted on his/her Application Form, a scanned copy of that letter of acceptance. The letter of acceptance must be either unconditional or conditional only upon securing funding.

I applied with my letter of acceptance.

I think  LCM85 made a very valid point there. From past trends, JJWBGSP has been known to delay unnecessarily with some scholars even getting notified as late as July/Early August. I bet that would have been a very long wait for those applicants.

Today is the 15th of May and i am yet to see or hear of any one who had been contacted either to send letters of "unconditional admission" or otherwise. I think this is going to be another drawn out wait for applicants. 

Let's keep this thread alive and our fingers crossed while we hope for the best. It's difficult to find forums about this scholarship out there.

On 5/1/2017 at 0:12 PM, Baturay said:

I don't think you will receive any email from them since you have submitted while making applications. Same happened to a guy that got last year. He wasn't notified as a semi finalist but got notified as a finalist since he submitted his offer letter during the application. 

I think these notifications will come in June. Judging from past applicants, A friend that got the scholarship last year confirmed that they contacted her as a "semi-finalist" even though she chose just 1 school. She was contacted around the 13th of June. let's keep our fingers crossed. 

18 hours ago, Mide said:

I think these notifications will come in June. Judging from past applicants, A friend that got the scholarship last year confirmed that they contacted her as a "semi-finalist" even though she chose just 1 school. She was contacted around the 13th of June. let's keep our fingers crossed. 

Like what and what documents do they asked her to forward to their secretariat after being contacted?

On 5/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, Baturay said:

Like what and what documents do they asked her to forward to their secretariat after being contacted?

Hi Baturay,

They told her to send the letter of admission from the university (It wasn't included in her initial submission).

Fingers crossed. Scholarships are very competitive. We hope for the best. 

17 hours ago, Mide said:

Hi Baturay,

They told her to send the letter of admission from the university (It wasn't included in her initial submission).

Fingers crossed. Scholarships are very competitive. We hope for the best. 

Okay, thanks for your response. It seems you are a Nigerian. Right? 

Dear Colleagues, 

I know it might be frustrating to patiently wait for the outcome from WBG. They clearly indicated on the website that they will respond mid June... Hope this helps.