Canada MPH Admissions Statistics

j12356

Hey everyone! I was hoping to see if we could get together a list of statistics for admissions for Canadian MPH programs!

I found UofT's:

Applications: Domestic - 792, International - 102

Offers: Domestic - 221, International - 7

Link to document: https://issuu.com/dlsph/docs/2015-16_annual_report_final_spreads?e=25479276/36812031 DLSPH's 2015-2016 Annual Report

NOTE: If you found the stats online, provide a link for it please :) If it's through word of mouth, alumni, etc, feel free to indicate 

Edited by j12356

This thread is a great idea!

I found some stats for University of Alberta:

In an average year

• there are 300 graduate students - 33% MSc, 50% MPH and 17% PhD
  • 14% are distance students
  • 15% are international students

Since 2006 (2006-2016), there have been over 4000 applicants (over the ten year span) and 1 in 5 have been admitted. I'm assuming that the number of applicants has increased over the years as the program has become more established. 

Stats can be found here: https://www.ualberta.ca/public-health/about/report-to-community-2016/effective-education

Edited by MPHsal

6 hours ago, MPHsal said:

This thread is a great idea!

I found some stats for University of Alberta:

In an average year

• there are 300 graduate students - 33% MSc, 50% MPH and 17% PhD
  • 14% are distance students
  • 15% are international students

Since 2006 (2006-2016), there have been over 4000 applicants (over the ten year span) and 1 in 5 have been admitted. I'm assuming that the number of applicants has increased over the years as the program has become more established. 

Stats can be found here: https://www.ualberta.ca/public-health/about/report-to-community-2016/effective-education

Thanks for sharing @MPHsal !! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just started the Waterloo MPH this week and wanted to give some updated stats. 

For the 2017 Class they had over 400 applicants and accepted 35 full-time equivalents (2 part-times make 1 full-time). We have 58 people in our class!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 7:34 AM, j12356 said:

For McGill's MScPH there were 260 applicants for 38 spots for this academic year

Thank you for sharing McGill's stats. I am an international applicant for Fall 2018 and after reading other topics in this forum I am really nervous about my chance of admission. I was wondering if you could share how many international students are enrolled in the program? Thank you very much.