So I'm not sure how to interpret this.

I am applying to several Asian Studies (Japan Studies) programs this fall for my MA. University of Washington, Stanford University, and the University of Chicago. I have received one acceptance (woo!) and one rejection from the two programs I've applied to at University of Washington. At least I'm going somewhere!

During the last few days, though, I did not receive an e-mail from University of Chicago's East Asian Languages and Civilizations department, but, rather, my personal application page at the website changed. Suddenly it had an envelope icon that said "decision documents." My heart stopped. I clicked through and a message that said "there are no documents available" popped up. Confused, I continued to check the application page rather obsessively for the whole day. Next morning, the icon has changed. Now it's in bold and has a red "1" on it and now says "Unread Decision Documents." I click through and yet again it says "there are no documents available." After an hour or two I e-mail the people in charge of the application page saying what was happening and, within an hour or two, the icon and the contained message were totally gone. The page, back to normal, has no indication of decision documents or anything related to them.

Note: I did not get a reply e-mail. Just silence. And the icon suddenly disappeared. I'm not even sure my e-mail is related to the icon's disappearance!

I don't know how to take that. 

What does that mean? And how should I feel about it? I mean, I know I have to keep waiting now. I get that. But that was a hell of an emotional rollercoaster. 

Just wanted to share.

Edited by inoue77

Honestly I have no clue what that means. However that is very strange. I'm sorry that you have to go through that right now. This is such a stressful process!! Good luck to you!