Anyone on this forum that is applying to or going to UPenn? I just put down my deposit and excited that I will be attending their program. It has been my first choice.

4 hours ago, supermswperson said:

I was accepted, but not sure I will attend due to cost. How are you paying for it?

Received a small scholarship from the college. And gonna take out federal loans for the rest of the tuition and living expenses.

2 hours ago, optimistickie said:

Yeah, I'm entering the advanced standing program. Why did you choose SP2?

Yay! Ohhhh, so many reasons. I found the Penn program to be heavily rooted in social justice, has diverse faculty and students, has immigration social work and health social work, located in a city where I would be able to do work with urban population. What ultimately made my decision was when I went to visit penn and all the other colleges in my list. I knew that this program is for me.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, KatieNo! said:

Hi! I know this is an old thread but I’m looking for SP2 students. I was accepted for the 2018 cohort and I’m very excited but also nervous. Looking forward to hearing from...well...anyone

Hi! I submitted my application for the 2018 cohort recently. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting a rough outline of the time frame from when you submitted then eventually accepted? Thanks!

On 1/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, JacksonP said:

Hi! I submitted my application for the 2018 cohort recently. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting a rough outline of the time frame from when you submitted then eventually accepted? Thanks!

Hi! I am waiting on my admissions decision. I submitted my application on December 29, got an email for an interview on 1/10, had the interview on 1/24, and was told the decision would be rendered within two weeks! Hope that helped. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...