MS Logic, Computation, Methods at CMU??

1f3_2kf2

Hey gradcafe forums,

I am in my 5th year as an undergraduate. I messed up but I still have ambitions of getting a PhD from a top university. My major is Information and Computer Science with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and a minor in Philosophy. My GPA is 2.8 right now but by the time I graduate it will be (barely) above 3.0. My CS, Philosophy, and last 2-3 year GPAs are all between 3.0-3.5

I go to UC Irvine which has the LPS department. I've secured 3 strong letters from faculty in this department along with 1 strong one from a CS AI professor with whom I have done research. I have strong test taking skills and I expect my GRE scores to be high.

Here is my plan: Apply to Carnegie-Mellon's BS in logic, computation, and methodology. From there go to UC Berkeley's PhD program in logic and methodology of science. From there go on to be a university (not community college!) level professor in logic.

I'm not applying until December 2010 so I have plenty of time to think about things. But I would like feedback from you all. Can I get into Carnegie-Mellon's BS program with my GPA? Will the MS I earn be enough to get me into Berkeley? I know it is a good idea to have many options, so what are other programs I can apply to if I want to study logic? What are some things I can do from now until then to improve my chances?

Thanks for your consideration,

1f3_2Kf2 (my favorite chess opening)