Northwestern Acceptances

Hello!

I saw on the results page that a couple of people were accepted to Northwestern English. Congratulations! That's awesome. I am totally jealous but also very happy for you. I was wondering if any of you accepted folks were interviewed--I understand that Northwestern usually does phone interviews, but I hadn't heard anything yet about applicants being contacted. Did they change their procedure this year, or did people just not mention it? THANKS!

Edited by Pamphilia

Hello!

I saw on the results page that a couple of people were accepted to Northwestern English. Congratulations! That's awesome. I am totally jealous but also very happy for you. I was wondering if any of you accepted folks were interviewed--I understand that Northwestern usually does phone interviews, but I hadn't heard anything yet about applicants being contacted. Did they change their procedure this year, or did people just not mention it? THANKS!

Agreed Pamphilia. I thought Northwestern phone interviewed. Congrats on the good news (whoever posted the acceptances).

Hi,

I'm one of the acceptances. No phone interview, just a call to notify me of the decision. And I don't know exactly how to put it so that it will sound like it's coming from a person who has earned her acceptance into Northwestern's English PhD program, but I'm so excited I can't even sleep!!!

Hi,

I'm one of the acceptances. No phone interview, just a call to notify me of the decision. And I don't know exactly how to put it so that it will sound like it's coming from a person who has earned her acceptance into Northwestern's English PhD program, but I'm so excited I can't even sleep!!!

Thanks for the info. Congratulations, honestly. Like I said, I'm supremely jealous but genuinely happy for you! I love people getting good news, especially when they seem as excited as you do! Yayy!! Don't sleep--CELEBRATE!

Hi,

I'm happy for you, because you sound so happy! :]

Between the Northwestern and Davis acceptances showing up on the results board, I've begun to die a little inside.

I'm happy for you, because you sound so happy! :]

Between the Northwestern and Davis acceptances showing up on the results board, I've begun to die a little inside.

Northwestern tends to be a poor indicator. In the recent past, I know applicants who were not even interviewed by Northwestern but accepted into the Columbia, Brown, and/or Berkeley. Hang in there.

Northwestern tends to be a poor indicator. In the recent past, I know applicants who were not even interviewed by Northwestern but accepted into the Columbia, Brown, and/or Berkeley. Hang in there.

Thank you. I needed to hear that.

They are doing things differently this year! I just found out I was on Northwestern's "short list of alternates" for admission and funding (via email). I am so surprised! This is really unexpected--I thought for sure that was it for old Northwestern.

• 1 month later...

Anyone interested in claiming the NWU acceptance off the waitlist? Any other info you'd be willing to share?

That was me!!! I'm PUMPED, dude.

What kind of info are you looking for?

That was me!!! I'm PUMPED, dude.

What kind of info are you looking for?

THAT WAS YOU? I SAW THAT AND I WAS SO HOPING THAT WAS YOU!

I wanted to email and ask, but thought it would be mean in case it wasn't you.

HURRAH!

THAT WAS YOU? I SAW THAT AND I WAS SO HOPING THAT WAS YOU!

I wanted to email and ask, but thought it would be mean in case it wasn't you.

HURRAH!

Haha that is so adorable! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm very psyched.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, since I'm going to have to reapply next year, I'm starting to hunt for information on programs. I really like the look of Northwestern (no idea why I didn't look at them before). Would any of you mind sharing information about the program, what you drew you to it, anything else you've learned or would care to share that maybe isn't available via the website? I'm in touch with the DGS and a professor already but would appreciate a peer-perspective. Thanks!

~ m