Duke 2010

maximus82

I know there was already a topic for Duke form last year but I figured we start a new one for 2010.

If last year's acceptances are an indication, then we should hear from them some time next week. Good luck to everyone!

I just got a letter from the DGS saying I'm a finalist and they'd like to meet with me. I'm going up there March 17-19 to tour the campus, meet with faculty, interview, etc.

This is awesome, I hope other got the same letter too.

Congrats and good luck!

You've got me nervous, though...does anyone know if they do interviews with all of their finalists?

thanks. it is actually a phone interview since i am an international applicant. i do have to say i did hope for them flying me over there for interview :)

Congratulations to you two! And thank you for sharing the information! If you do not mind, could you tell us a little more about the interview? Did they mention when they will make the final decision? Thank you!

thanks. it is actually a phone interview since i am an international applicant. i do have to say i did hope for them flying me over there for interview :)

Congratulations to you two! And thank you for sharing the information! If you do not mind, could you tell us a little more about the interview? Did they mention when they will make the final decision? Thank you!

Mine isn't until mid march. The letter said I am a finalist for admission. According the letter they're flying finalists in for an interview and campus visit to get to know us better before making any decisions.

It is a very useful piece of information. I am a little nervous now...

Thank you! And good luck with the interview. :)

Mine isn't until mid march. The letter said I am a finalist for admission. According the letter they're flying finalists in for an interview and campus visit to get to know us better before making any decisions.

What's going on with Duke? Two people report interviews (which seems to be a new development) but no one else? Are not many people on this board applying there this year?

Nervous...

I also applied to Duke and have not heard back from them.

Try to let it go for now ...

I emailed the DGS at Duke and he replied as following. I am sorry to report the bad news. They must be receiving tons of email like this everyday, so I thought I might as well post his reply here if some of you want to know the application status. Duke is my number one dream school. I feel sad.

____

Thanks for checking in; sorry I don’t have better news, but if you did not get an invitation to interview we will not be able to admit you this year. We are a small program, and thus have to turn away even very qualified applicants.

The formal announcements should be going out any day now, I apologize for the informal nature of this note.

I wish you all the best in your future studies,

Jim Moody

Duke DGS

• 4 weeks later...