Msc 's at LSE

verirocks

Any program in the Department of Government.

- Program? 1st & 2nd option?

- When did you applied?

- Any news?

Let's share the experience of a rolling admissions process.

I applied the 1st of January to the Msc Comparative Politics, no news yet.

Edited by verirocks

Any program in the Department of Government.

- Program? 1st & 2nd option?

- When did you applied?

- Any news?

Let's share the experience of a rolling admissions process.

I applied the 1st of January to the Msc Comparative Politics, no news yet.

I applied to Comparative in Empire last year and got accepted. though the scholarship I expected from this one institution didnt work out so I couldnt enroll. But I know tons of people who barely fulfill the minimum requirements and got in. Getting in is easy, fidning the scholarship is the real tough part since they offer almost nothing.

I applied to the MSc Political Theory (Research) 1+3 Scheme on 15 January.

All I've gotten so far is the final email giving me my 'Lse for You' access, in which I can see that the department is reviewing my application and in which I can access the GSS application form.

They say it will take up to 8 weeks for the department to review the app..

I applied to the MSc Political Theory (Research) 1+3 Scheme on 15 January.

All I've gotten so far is the final email giving me my 'Lse for You' access, in which I can see that the department is reviewing my application and in which I can access the GSS application form.

They say it will take up to 8 weeks for the department to review the app..

I did that program a couple of years ago - you'll love it :)

I did that program a couple of years ago - you'll love it :)

Oh Awesome. That's good to know. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of doing it, especially the 'methods in political theory' course. haha i dunno why i'm excited by methods in theory, but there don't seem to be many comparable courses in north american programs.

The only issue of course is funding... oy

Yes, funding seems to be very complicated, for what I have read in some UK forums more than 6000 pounds from the GSS is very unlikely. A lot of people are getting offers without support. But i suppose that a lot of funding for any masters is very unlikely... I don't know if you get any financial support from US institutions for a Masters, I know that in Canada you get some.

Oh Awesome. That's good to know. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of doing it, especially the 'methods in political theory' course. haha i dunno why i'm excited by methods in theory, but there don't seem to be many comparable courses in north american programs.

The only issue of course is funding... oy

Funding was a bit different when I went, but I got full tuition. I had to pay for my own living expenses though. Back then there was the Graduate Merit Award which was based solely on merit and could be worth 0, 3000 or 6000 pounds. If you got one, even if it's worth 0, you were entitled to apply for the Graduate Support Scheme which was needs based.

Oh, and the methods course was great. Lots about theories of truth, relativism, methods in history of political thought, etc. I actually got my dissertation out of that course, as well as the idea for what I want to write my PhD on.

Would any of you happen to know the stats of applicant's who had/have received merit scholarships? I am from the US and know that LSE runs of couple of scholarships for US admits. Just wanted to know the likelihood of receiving them since I did not qualify for any aid under the GSS.