Waiting to hear from MS MECH programmes

cocomomo

Is anyone still waiting for results of MS Mechanical from UT Austin and U Wisconsin Madison? It's really unprofessional of the schools to not send the results out as April 15 is approaching. Please share any thoughts/info you have. Really want to be out of limbo!

Thanks!

@Desolate-Bill Thanks for your response! I myself guessed the same. Just wished I knew this before applying! Wasted 100$

Does anyone know about UT Austin? On the results section someone said that decisions would be out by April. Don't know what that means (April end or beginning)

Edited by cocomomo

3 hours ago, cocomomo said:

@Desolate-Bill Thanks for your response! I myself guessed the same. Just wished I knew this before applying! Wasted 100$

Does anyone know about UT Austin? On the results section someone said that decisions would be out by April. Don't know what that means (April end or beginning)

You are welcome! I am waiting for these two as well! It has been such a long time that would make me feel desperate but I don't wanna give up. May finally get nothing but a rejection but any these two are my dream schools.

Blessing.........

Also blessing for you. Hope those admitted but dont wanna go there could decline your offers as soon as possible please!

20 hours ago, Desolate-Bill said:

You are welcome! I am waiting for these two as well! It has been such a long time that would make me feel desperate but I don't wanna give up. May finally get nothing but a rejection but any these two are my dream schools.

Blessing.........

Also blessing for you. Hope those admitted but dont wanna go there could decline your offers as soon as possible please!

Thanks ! Hope you get in. Would definitely update if I hear something!

On 4/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, cocomomo said:

Thanks ! Hope you get in. Would definitely update if I hear something!

Hi cocomomo,

I've got a new update on my UT-Austin application saying "Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."  This was shown on the website.

Though my status of application has been showing "In review" for a long time, I just saw the new sentence above today. Did you get the same one? Mind I asking if you are US applicant or international?

Hope this would help you.;)

2 hours ago, Desolate-Bill said:

Hi cocomomo,

I've got a new update on my UT-Austin application saying "Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."  This was shown on the website.

Though my status of application has been showing "In review" for a long time, I just saw the new sentence above today. Did you get the same one? Mind I asking if you are US applicant or international?

Hope this would help you.;)

Actually I have had the same status "Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review." since Feb. I am not sure if it means something. But it's a positive sign that your status changed, it definitely means things are moving. I saw that they gave out aerospace results. I guess mech should be soon.

Yes, I am an international candidate. What is your subfield (design , thermals etc)? 

10 hours ago, cocomomo said:

Actually I have had the same status "Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review." since Feb. I am not sure if it means something. But it's a positive sign that your status changed, it definitely means things are moving. I saw that they gave out aerospace results. I guess mech should be soon.

Yes, I am an international candidate. What is your subfield (design , thermals etc)? 

Thank you for your reply. I emailed the UT coordinator and got response instantly, saying the decisions will be released around April 15, but she was not 100% sure cuz she said she didn't know about the decision detail.

My subfield is thermoscience and fluid. What about you?

1 hour ago, Desolate-Bill said:

My subfield is thermoscience and fluid. What about you?

My subfield is controls and dynamics. 

If they are going to make us wait till April 15, I am wondering the kind of attitude they have in this department. Literally all other departments have recieved there results. Its more than 4 months now!! 

Most probably I would choose my other choice over Austin. I don't want to wait this long. What all admits do you have @Desolate-Bill?

6 hours ago, cocomomo said:

My subfield is controls and dynamics. 

If they are going to make us wait till April 15, I am wondering the kind of attitude they have in this department. Literally all other departments have recieved there results. Its more than 4 months now!! 

Most probably I would choose my other choice over Austin. I don't want to wait this long. What all admits do you have @Desolate-Bill?

I have sent you a private message.