NSERC PGS/CGS - D Waitlist numbers

liammo29

Was put on a waitlist but was never told where on the waitlist I am. I am in the mechanical engineering section and they said that they typically offer lots of people the award from the wait list. I am curious of the 70 applicants in that section (section 201), how many are typically offered an NSERC and how many are on the waitlist. Thanks!

This year NSERC started mailing out your rankings. I know I got mine, I was in the high 20's out of 192 applicants in the Cellular and Molecular Biology division and I was awarded the CGS-D. Did you not get a letter some time towards the end of March? From there you could do a little bit of guess work by looking at the # of awards handed out (roughly 45% of applicants in each division are winners). Without that it'll be real hard to tell. 

Thanks for the response, I was number 33 of 70! So maybe I do have a decent chance

Edited by liammo29

was speaking with NSERC and they said roughly 10% make alternate. If its true that almost half get awarded and I am 34/70 I may have a chance!

1 hour ago, namastayingalive said:

I had no idea so many people got offers from the waiting list. I'm an alternate, but haven't received anything by mail. I've applied to CGS-M. Did people have any success with directly emailing NSERC?

CGS-M process is quite different from the PGS-D/CGS-D process. CGS-M is institution specific - they are the ones who will know how the waitlist is organized.