HELP! missing rec letter ,what should i do?

heavenisgood

My fault for not checking app statuses, but I went to check them tonight and found that three of my apps are incomplete because one of my professors never sent in a rec letter. What should I do? I'm so upset.... will adcoms still look at my application if I get in the third letter ASAP?

My fault for not checking app statuses, but I went to check them tonight and found that three of my apps are incomplete because one of my professors never sent in a rec letter. What should I do? I'm so upset.... will adcoms still look at my application if I get in the third letter ASAP?

There may still be time. You should get a back up LOR immediately. You may want to contact the graduate school to inquire about the likeliness of your application being considered. This happened to me in a previous application cycle and I found a back up and was admitted with funding to one of the schools I applied to at the end of the application season. Do not give up.

Good luck!

1. Email your referee. Explain that you just now saw that schools have not received the letter. Ask if it is possible to send one soon and resend any files/notices. Attach a draft letter and say that s/he can use that as a base if it is helpful.
  2. Find another referee, explain that your applications are in, due dates are past, and one referee has not sent one. Is it possible to write one quickly? Attach all relevant documents and a draft letter and say that s/he can use that as a base if it is helpful.
  3. Call the schools on Monday and ask if they will review your application. Also ask if there is an email address you can have the letters sent to in addition to the official channel (online form, snail mail, whatever) to expedite the process.