Diverchica

So I just (accidentally) checked my status by calling to see why all of my materials weren't up on the apply yourself website, and the woman told me that, in fact, my app is currently under review by the committee, and I should be receiving a decision very soon. VERY SOON?!?! How soon is very soon?

Gah I hate this month.

So I just (accidentally) checked my status by calling to see why all of my materials weren't up on the apply yourself website, and the woman told me that, in fact, my app is currently under review by the committee, and I should be receiving a decision very soon. VERY SOON?!?! How soon is very soon?

Gah I hate this month.

Mine have been under review for a couple weeks now. According to the one departments site, they will start notifying as soon as the 4th week- which is this week...ahhh! I want to know now... but I bet they'll take another 2-4 weeks at least. I'm really starting to the loathe the "under review" status... but at the same time, I will like the "DENIED" one a lot less...so I'm trying to accept the things I cannot change. Or something like that.

two of mine is under review for last 2 months. I called and asked if I have been already rejected as I saw significant number of people getting admission in online forums.

They said "NO. Please stay Calm. We have 1500 applicants." I hate this hanging situation.

True! I am not supposed to hear until sometime between mid-March and April 1st. The suspense....

Exactly! I won't hear a thing until mid-March to mid-April and you know those are the best case scenarios. I could be waiting until May. I cannot imagine not knowing a thing for that long, but that's my reality. biggrin.gif

two of mine is under review for last 2 months. I called and asked if I have been already rejected as I saw significant number of people getting admission in online forums.

They said "NO. Please stay Calm. We have 1500 applicants." I hate this hanging situation.

Please stay calm? Sounds like the 911 operators...or maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

Also, 1500 applicants!!?! Holy smokes. It takes me a week to read through 20 student papers of 3 double-spaced pages each, I can't imagine reading 1500 SOPs...

Please stay calm? Sounds like the 911 operators...or maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

Also, 1500 applicants!!?! Holy smokes. It takes me a week to read through 20 student papers of 3 double-spaced pages each, I can't imagine reading 1500 SOPs...

So I like, really really like you post. I wish I could hit the plus button 5 or 6 times. And, if it's any consolation, I had a friend who double majored in English and Physics.