ECE questions

bgk

• 4 months later...

hi thank you first. I am an international engineering PhD app. I have a basic question. Does GRE AW requirement generally high or the same or low to international app compared with American students? I mean is there usually a special consideration of GRE AW score for foreigners( because of their native language)? If I am from Japan, will a very low AW score be deciding (for rejection)?

hi thank you first. I am an international engineering PhD app. I have a basic question. Does GRE AW requirement generally high or the same or low to international app compared with American students? I mean is there usually a special consideration of GRE AW score for foreigners( because of their native language)? If I am from Japan, will a very low AW score be deciding (for rejection)?

I can't say for sure. Some believe that schools use the GRE package as a 'filter', but I find it hard to believe that they would filter on AW alone. For example if your verbal and quant were good enough, these are better indications of how you would do in an ECE program. ...