Sister going to study in France

Hello,

My sister is heading off to France to study for a full semester. She has everything prepared to go there, but any of you have any advice, thoughts, recommendations that I could give to her before she leaves? My parents are somewhat concerned because of the political/social climate there... (and I have to admit that I am a bit too.)

Hey! I just got home from seven months of teaching English in France. It's really not as bad as it seems. Stay away from political activity, don't live in a sketchy neighborhood, don't act like you don't know where you're going, and stay away from big cities if possible. The political and social climate might seem bad based on what you see in the news, but the chances of something actually happening is still quite minimal (especially if you're not living in a major political center). But also, attacks have not just been happening in France; they've been happening everywhere. It makes absolutely no sense to think that France is worse off. Paris had a shooting hours after I took off from CDG airport, but ever since I returned, there've been at least two shootings in my home state as well. Those who make life decisions out of fear will have no life. I'm a scaredy-cat by all standards and will prioritize self-preservation above anything, but France isn't a war zone.

Edited by ThousandsHardships