MPH in Canada or Australia?

Hi, I have completed my undergrad in dentistry from India. I am interested in doing MPH. But I am unable to decide where to pursue it. I have read about unis, both in Canada and Australia. I know that the quality of education is similar in both countries. So can anyone tell me which country is a better choice to do mph, in terms of job prospects, salary and getting a pr?

Further does an Australian education give you good job prospects in Canada? And is the vice versa true?

I'm really confused about where to apply and appreciate any valuable insight.

After you graduate from a Canadian institution, you can get a work permit that would allow you to work in Canada. If you get a degree from Australia, you may not be able to work in Canada (unless you get sponsored). That might be something you need to consider if you are not a citizen or PR of Canada.  

I cannot speak to Australian education and their process of work permit upon graduation. 

Hi double shot,

Can you tell me what is the criteria to get a work permit in Canada? Do you have to complete a specific duration of study before you can apply?

And can you apply for it without any sponsor?

Hi, @Asthashah - I might not be able to speak about employment prospects, but about scholarships at Australian universities, I know a thing or two...unless you come through an Australian government-funded program like Endeavour or Australia Awards, or you find a niche scholarship program, don't expect any financial aid or scholarship in Australia. Universities (or unis, as they call it there) treat international students as cash cows that can pay handsome money to help the universities balance the checkbooks because Australian students pay so little directly to the university. As a result, getting into Australian universities is very easy for international students compared to admission at US universities...this is one reason why it is common to see well-heeled international students, particularly of Chinese origin, at most Aussie campuses.

Having said that, if you already are a qualified dentist, you might come to Australia using its skilled immigration system...they publish a list of wanted skills each year, and STEM jobs are always there. If I were you, I'd look into this option.

Hi @DogsArePeopleTo

Yes I agree with you. Australian Universities are very expensive and the cost of living is high too. I have looked into scholarships and applied to a few. Hoping to a hear a positive reply soon :).

As for skilled migration, Dentistry was removed from the skilled migration list last year. Plus I would have to clear the license exams to be able to practice, which are pretty difficult. So its a no-go in that direction.

What are STEM jobs?

20 hours ago, Asthashah said:

Hi double shot,

Can you tell me what is the criteria to get a work permit in Canada? Do you have to complete a specific duration of study before you can apply?

And can you apply for it without any sponsor?

It depends on the province so you should look into it.

Good luck!