NYC Dept of Ed. Teach Scholarship

Did anyone apply or has anyone ever been on an interview for this scholarship? I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for this but I"m unsure about what kinds of questions they may ask. Would love to hear other people's experiences 

35 minutes ago, jmny said:

I applied. Did you hear back already?

Yep. Heard back from them on the 4th via email to schedule an interview (coincidentally - or not - the same day I called them to ask if they had sent out emails to SLP Scholarship applicants).   Made the interview then ended up having to reschedule. Once you cancel though, it's a pain in the NECK to get in touch with someone to find out when you will get an email to pick another date/time since you can't just reschedule online. The woman in charge of it never picks up the phone. I had to call them a million times in a row until I think I got on their nerves a little bit and they patched me through to her. That day, I got the email to reschedule.

So if I were you, I would try to call and ask if they have sent out all their interview invites or if they are still reviewing applications - something to that effect. I'm trying to research info on how the interview process goes. I know there will be a writing assignment. Not sure on what or what questions they will ask..

16 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Yep. Heard back from them on the 4th via email to schedule an interview (coincidentally - or not - the same day I called them to ask if they had sent out emails to SLP Scholarship applicants).   Made the interview then ended up having to reschedule. Once you cancel though, it's a pain in the NECK to get in touch with someone to find out when you will get an email to pick another date/time since you can't just reschedule online. The woman in charge of it never picks up the phone. I had to call them a million times in a row until I think I got on their nerves a little bit and they patched me through to her. That day, I got the email to reschedule.

So if I were you, I would try to call and ask if they have sent out all their interview invites or if they are still reviewing applications - something to that effect. I'm trying to research info on how the interview process goes. I know there will be a writing assignment. Not sure on what or what questions they will ask..

When did you submit your application?

I applied but I think I just donated $75 to the DOE lol. I already have a NYS ed license and I know it bars me from consideration, buuut I figured "who knows what might happen," so I sent an application in anyway.

Good luck and please report back about how the interview goes!

13 hours ago, 2bridges said:

I applied but I think I just donated $75 to the DOE lol. I already have a NYS ed license and I know it bars me from consideration, buuut I figured "who knows what might happen," so I sent an application in anyway.

Good luck and please report back about how the interview goes!

Lol! Well, $75 is a small price to pay if there happens to be an oversight on their part and they end up giving you a full scholarship ? And the interview went well (IMO). If you or anyone would like any details, feel free to PM me. But yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. All the best to you though! Maybe you'll get an interview anyhow! lol

13 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Lol! Well, $75 is a small price to pay if there happens to be an oversight on their part and they end up giving you a full scholarship ? And the interview went well (IMO). If you or anyone would like any details, feel free to PM me. But yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. All the best to you though! Maybe you'll get an interview anyhow! lol

I agree, $75 is a small price to pay! If I'm lucky enough to get called for an interview I will definetly PM you. 

1 hour ago, 2bridges said:

I agree, $75 is a small price to pay! If I'm lucky enough to get called for an interview I will definetly PM you. 

Oh I submitted it back in the beginning of April I believe. Around the first week, probably..